Monday, April 18, 2011

Brownies (with Coconut oil)

One of my favorite special treats since my college days has been brownies and ice cream.  I am not sure if there are many people out there who don't enjoy a hot brownie with a scoop of ice cream, but I'm not one of them!  So, I decided to just make our brownies a little healthier.  I don't think anyone can justify that brownies are healthy, but if you're going to have them, just use a better oil than vegetable oil!  I hope you don't have any in your cupboard because it is basically toxic.  Please replace your vegetable oil with Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil.  Your heart will thank me later :)

Anyways, here is the scoop:
Just get your favorite box of brownies, follow the directions, and just use coconut oil instead of vegetable.  It's that easy!
This is my favorite box of brownies.  It's the Costco or Sam's size :)

Bake according to directions, cut & serve with a delicious scoop of ice cream!  You will be surprised that there is just a hint of coconut flavor that gives a great dimension to the dish.  You have to try it!
Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment